Ingredients (4 Servings)
3-4 medium-sized Honey crisp, Pink Lady, Fuji, or Gala apples
¾ cup whole fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup golden raisins
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Dash of salt to taste
- Slice each apple into 8-10 slices, core removed and discarded.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the sliced apples, sliced onion, peanuts, and raisins and toss gently.
- Whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil and salt and then drizzle over the apple salad.
- To make this a hearty meal, place ½ of the salad on a plate and top with your favorite cooked lean protein such as 3 oz. of cooked chicken, skin removed.
- Consider sprinkling just a tiny bit of blue or feta cheese on each serving for an even more interesting taste profile.